“ALL RISE!!! Court is now in session. The honorable Bucket Hat King LJ tha Fiasco presiding. Please be seated and come to order”
Is this the price for finally beating Virginia?? Is this what happens when you deviate from the norm? What happened?
Famed rapper Too $hort (Todd Shaw to you who don’t know how to work Google) said it best: “It was all good just a week ago”. Last year the theme was that the team was broken after a meltdown against Duke. This season the theme is trending towards Louisville having a meltdown after winning ten straight games.
What changed? What happened?? Seriously, what the hell happened to this team that was on the verge of a league championship and a potential 1 seed? Did the Monstars swoop in and jack Jordan’s shooting ability? Did Ryan McMahon’s mojo finally wear off? Did our defense decide to go on a sabbatical?
I don’t have any answers, only questions. And while the sky isn’t falling, our seed is.
To the notes.
I like starting the court off on a petty note, so I think I will continue to do so. Let me say this: I have never played organized basketball. I have only been the guy in the gym that will give you 4 points and 5 rebs per game, as well as foul as needed. That being said, I have no right to criticize anyone let alone a guy who’s education is paid for because he is really good at playing the game.
But…….that clearly doesn’t stop a lot of you….and it shows.
- The slow starts finally caught up with Louisville, only this time there was no hero to come in and save the day. When Louisville goes into “F it” mode, they do it in epic fashion. The good news is that slumps don’t last forever (at least I hope), and there are still tons of games yet to be played. But whatever happened in Atlanta and Clemson last week needs not to happen again this week. Louisville is not going to miss the tournament, but you don’t want to go in the big dance playing like reheated dogsh*t, either.
- Raise your hand if you thought the G-Tech performance was a fluke. Yeah, me too. I didn’t think we would lose in that fashion again on Saturday, but here we are. We are a great offensive team. I don’t think I have ever seen an entire team go ice cold in back to back games. Even wide open layups were a chore.
- Glad to see Dwayne Sutton find his three point shot. Hate to see that the rest of the team is still checking the last place they saw it.
- For as great as David Johnson was playing, I have a ton of questions after the last two losses. My first question is for the Georgia Tech game: At one point, he was unstoppable getting to the rim, but for some reason when we needed to foul, he was the one to give it, which ultimately fouled him out…..why?? Why is your best threat the one giving the foul?? My second question: do we lotion our hands before breaking the huddle? I have seen more turnovers the last games than someone who works at a bakery. Some of the turnovers are inexcusable; it is literally like we are hexed all of a sudden.
- What exactly did we get out of benching our best player and the leading scorer in the conference? I, like you, was puzzled when that roster change was announced. I expected to get “pissed off” Jordan who would score at will. Instead, we got another helping of GTech Jordan, and it looked way worse. Turnovers, fouls, frustration, etc. I don’t understand. It is so confusing.
- The 2-3 zone has been effective……..why are we not using it more?
- Is it possible that Clemson and GTech are not bad, just bad at winning close games? Clemson just may be at the top of the ACC next season, and Tech returns nearly all of their starters. Yes we now have two bad losses on the resume, but both have been competitive in most of their games. However, Louisville is better than both of these teams, and we all know it. For some reason, we like to provide hope to terrible teams.
It’s time someone said it. Bill Murray is awesome…….just not when he is attending Louisville games. I could be wrong, but I don’t remember us winning more than one game with him in attendance… AND I DON’T KNOW WHAT GAME THAT ONE GAME WAS!! Here are the games that we have lost that Murray attended, and in almost all of them, something crazy happened to affect the outcome:
–Tennessee: Louisville was in the game until Mack picked up a weird technical foul
–Marquette:Still waiting on that one point to be added which basically would have won the game in regulation
–Texas Tech: Game was so bad I can’t even remember it – just know that we lost.
-sUcK: Everything goes right for a change, and then we forget how to make free throws.
–Clemson: Bill Murray lives in Charleston, SC so I understand the trip. What I don’t understand is having 14 points at halftime.
I am not saying that he is a bad luck charm; I am simply saying that Louisville has never lost a game when Master P has been in attendance. ….
- You guys really didn’t like this quote from Coach Mack
People want to help out as much as possible:
Some of you even went to coach with direct, hard hitting questions:
Let us know if he responds Kyle……
Saw a lot of these tweets after the game on Saturday. I will add that none of these tweets were present during the ten game winning streak.
So as you can see, Twitter was an absolute shit show on Saturday, and the only way to clean that up is for the Cards to get a W and soon.
- Since joining the ACC in 2014, Louisville has yet to win a men’s basketball or football game against Clemson in the state of South Carolina. They are currently 0-6 and the sole reason Brad Brownell still has a damn job.
Person(s) or things that earned a shot of top shelf liquor this week:
- Aaron Gordon’s dunking ability.
- Louisville Women’s bball.
Person(s) or things that must have a one on one, unsupervised meeting with Josh Pastner:
- The two game losing streak
- The NBA dunk contest judges. How do you rob Gordon like that? Again??
- That one podcast in town that steals ideas because being original is too hard. I will stop calling it out when all 55 of you stop doing it.
- Matt McGavic. If there is some dumb shit happening to Louisville athletics, rest assured Matt is a part of it. He now covers Georgia Tech, do the math…..
And in closing:
- New podcast recording tonight and dropping later this evening.
- Never thought I would say this, but the next two home games are must wins. If I am being dramatic, let me know.
- Syracuse game is on ESPN on Wednesday. Tip off is at 7pm.
- Missing boom, if found please call or email.
- I hate losing, but losing to Josh Pastner is a different type of disappointment. The only coach in America with two different color sideburns…
Saw this meme and it was so fitting I had to include and give credit:
Be cool in this hot city….
Court adjourned (bangs gavel)