We have hit 5 post season games, so I am kicking out a TVT to show how this team has re-defined itself. Literally overnight they have turned their season long production averages upside down.
TVT: net positive production per minute. Add up the good stuff, subtract the bad stuff, divide by minutes played. Breaks every player down to a single number – “When you play for 1 minute, you gain the cardinals “x” net positive contributions per minute. If you had a score of 1.0, that would be 1 net positive stat per minute. that is hard to do. .40, means you contribute a net positive stat in just over 2 minutes.
The most insane change in production? Team average has sky-rocketed.
- Overall Season TVT- team average: 0.51 production per min
- OOC schedule TVT – team average: 0.53 production per min
- Conference Season TVT – team average: 0.48 production per min
Pretty Consistant right? Look at the number below. Insane.
- Post season average TVT – team average: 0.65 production per min
Comparison graph by Category + Last five games by individual
- All season long the top 3 has been: Dieng, Smith, Behanan – look who is crashing the party in the post season. Answer: everyone.
- SVT is benefitting from a 2 minute game where he had 2 rebounds. He is higher than he should be, but per minute – its a true stat. He certainly is providing great minutes and nobody would disagree.
- Behanan is down 30+% from his season averages, but he is consistantly delivering on his new average. Could be a factor of others steal production because of our insanely high team average. I am sure he wil lhave a big game soon, Chane doesn’t stay quiet for long.
- The most telling stat of how good this team is playing is this; Luke Hancock is LAST on teh team in production per minute, and we know how happy we are with his play. The team is on a level he haven’t seen all year and one we knew it could reach.
Game prediction: Cards 78, Ducks 71. Pitino challenges Dieng on the glass, he responds. Dieng goes for double digit rebounds (he has been only averaging 5 in NCAA so far).
Latest posts by Mark Blankenbaker (see all)
- Louisville WR Corey Reed Has Lost His Father to COVID-19 - March 26, 2020
- Jordan Nwora Named 3rd Team All-American - March 20, 2020
- VIDEO: Vince Tyra & Dan McDonnell Provide Update - March 19, 2020