Originally published by CrumsRevenge on CardsandCats.com
We have hit 7 post season games, so I am kicking out a TVT to show how this team has re-defined itself. Literally overnight they have turned their season long production averages upside down.
TVT: net positive production per minute. Add up the good stuff, subtract the bad stuff, divide by minutes played. Breaks every player down to a single number – “When you play for 1 minute, you gain the cardinals “x” net positive contributions per minute. If you had a score of 1.0, that would be 1 net positive stat per minute. that is hard to do. .40, means you contribute a net positive stat in just over 2 minutes.
Duke TVT – Gorgui blows Plumlee out of the water.
People missed that if they looked on at partial statlines. Gorgui almost produced the same stat line as Plumlee’s, exceeded in some parts, but in only 25 minutes (vs. 39 for Plumlee).
He was Louisville’s most productive by minute played – not even close. Siva and Smith – the starts by most accounts were 4th and 5th. Insane production by the team people.
TVT averages by Schedule Segments
- Overall Season TVT- team average: 0.51 production per min
- OOC schedule TVT – team average: 0.53 production per min
- Conference Season TVT – team average: 0.48 production per min
- Post season average TVT – team average: 0.64 production per min
- Behanan Back? His last game consistent with what he has been kicking out all season, refreshing because the 6 games beforehand has dropped him from #2 most productive to #7. We all think he will have an emotional charge in honor of Ware, but you can be “too fired up”, so hopefully HALL OF FAME Coach Pitino can keep him level-headed out there.
- Ware’s True Impact: Statistically, he is the 8th most productive, not as big of a loss as we all feel. However, the real loss will be what Hendo can bring vs. Ware. That could be “net trouble”, OR – some 3’s from the corner like the end of the Duke game. That would be epic.
- The most telling stat of how good this team is playing is this; Statistically, Luke is still LAST on the team, but again, that is saying HOW GOOD the team as a whole is contributing. All of them are contributing a “starters value” per minute played, and that is not an expression – they literally are. Anyone over the 0.40 line is a starter level contributor, and Luke is LAST with a 0.45 – it is really amazing. Never seen an explosion of production like this team in the post season.
- Cards 72 – Wichita 64: Cards a little out of synch, but make up for it with quick shots by WS. WS shoots/rebounds well to keep it close, but lose ground a little at the free throw line.
Latest posts by Mark Blankenbaker (see all)
- Louisville Football Names Lance Taylor Offensive Coordinator - January 16, 2022
- VIDEO: Chris Mack & Malik Williams Pitt Post-Game - January 15, 2022
- VIDEOS: Chris Mack & Dre Davis Preview Pitt - January 14, 2022