Story originally published on CardsandCats.com by CrumsRevenge.
Big East had a disappointing start on day of the tourney, 3-5 to be exact. How are they doing now? Since day 1, the Big East is a sizzling 8-1. They put those 3 teams into the Sweet 16, Elite 8, and 2 have moved on to the Final Four.
I wonder if the Big East will be judged by their “tournament results”, or their “first day results”, because let’s face it, after the first weekend – 52 teams are gone, and many quit paying attention. I think they would be missing the real story of the Big East in 2013.
When you factor everything in – The A-10 and Pac-12 were underrated, but the Big East and B1G held up to their season long billing as top conferences.
Another thing to note – since people often have a problem with the amount of bids Big East gets (which by the way was 50% of their conference) is how does the Big East do proportionately to the field relative to the bids they get.
Big East Teams vs. Spots Available – by Round.
- Bids: 8 for 12%
- Rd32: 3 for 9% (drop)
- Rd16: 3 for 19% (surge)
- Rd8: 3 for 38% (mega surge)
- Final Four: 2 for 50% (supa-mega-surge)
- W = win; L = loss; W% = winnning %
- UW% = % of wins that were upset wins.;
- UL% = % of losses were via being upset.
- Upset = by seed. Not vegas.
- Table below sorted by W%
- Added Win per Bid: Shows the value of a conference bid. If 1 made it, and won 3 rounds – their score is 3.0 (every bid, which in this case is only 1, got 3 wins each).
Sweet 16 and Elite 8 results from this past Weekend
Latest posts by Mark Blankenbaker (see all)
- VIDEO: Chris Mack, David Johnson & Carlik Jones Florida State Post-Game - January 18, 2021
- Casual Cards Fall to Florida State, 2nd Loss in a Row - January 18, 2021
- Stat Comparison: Louisville vs. Florida State - January 18, 2021