from gocards.com University of Louisville softball coach Holly Aprile has announced the Carmyn Greenwood will join the Cardinals in the fall of 2019.
Class: Redshirt Junior (2020)
Hometown: Birmingham, Ala.
Previous School: Auburn
Greenwood comes to Louisville after two seasons at Auburn. The outfielder played in 52 games for the Tigers last season and scored 19 runs while driving in seven to help her team to a 39-21 overall record and an appearance in the Tucson Regional.
In Greenwood’s two seasons at Auburn, the Tigers posted 80 wins and advanced to two NCAA regional finals.
Coach Aprile on Carmyn Greenwood
“We couldn’t be happier to welcome Carmyn to Louisville. In addition to her experience at the plate and in the outfield, her very positive and enthusiastic demeanor is going to add great value to our team. We are excited that Carmyn will get to finish her career in a Cardinal uniform alongside her sister, Cass.”
Last season at Auburn (2019):
As a redshirt sophomore
• Appeared in 52 games with 13 starts in left field
• Batted .250 on the season with three doubles, seven RBI, 19 runs and 11 walks
• Had a career-high three hits against Colorado State (5/17) to start the Tucson Regional
• Batted .600 (3-for-5) throughout the Tucson Regional with two RBI and a walk
• Registered a double in three consecutive games at Mississippi State (3/22 – 3/24)
• Scored a run against Tennessee (5/9) during the SEC Tournament
Latest posts by Daryl Foust (see all)
- RECAP: Louisville MSOC outlasts Belmont, wins 3-0 - October 2, 2019
- VIDEO: Coach John Michael Hayden and Cherif Dieye Belmont post-game - October 1, 2019
- RECAP: MSOC fall to Wolfpack 1-2, drop to #24 in Coaches Poll - October 1, 2019