Will there be alcohol in the Georgia Dome? – YES. Let’s just get that out of the way from the top. Sales will end at kickoff of the 3rd quarter (different than at PJCS where booze stops AFTER the 3rd). So get them in early Cards fans.
Wear your red & black of course.
-Joey Wagner’s Hosting a Party at Whiskey Blue (3377 Peachtree Road NE) from 9 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. (21+ over).
-UofL Alumni Reception Friday Evening – SOLD OUT
-UofL Day at the Atlanta Dream. 3:00 p.m. Sunday 9/6. See Angel McCoughtry and Shoni Schimmel play the Washington Mystics and receive autographs from ALL Dream players. Use promo code: CARDS when purchasing tickets. The pre-game is happening at Taco Mac at Noon.
-AT&T FanZone 10:30 – 2:30 p.m. on Game Day will include CARDMARCH & Tiger Walk and autograph signings with Deion Branch and Takeo Spikes. (more on this later)
-Tailgate Town 11:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. on Game Daythe ultimate free pre-game tailgate destination for Auburn and Louisville fans. This outdoor fan experience located at the West Plaza of the Georgia World Congress Center will feature interactive sponsor displays, a barbeque cook-off and live entertainment. Samples provided by Traeger Grills, cornhole tournament, Live music featuring former The Voice contestant Beth Spangler, Large HD TV screen to watch all of the early football action, DJ Suspense with entertainment and giveaways, and a BBQ Competition between Pit Boss BBQ & Bludso’s BBQ, judged by the Atlanta BBQ Club.
-College Football Hall of Fame – Use CFAKICKOFF2015 to receive a 15% discount.
-Georgia Aquarium is offering 20% during September 2-9th.
-The World of Coca-Cola.
-Dragon Con is this weekend in Atlanta. Superheroes & fantasy characters will be everywhere and the annual parade is 10:00 a.m. Saturday morning on Peachtree Street. More Info
-Georgia State vs. Charlotte on Friday Night (9/4) at 3:30 kicks off at the Georgia Dome.
There is Reserved Parking near the Georgia Dome within walking distance. You can reserve your place here.
You may also elect to just pull up and park. Many of these lots open 4 hours prior to kickoff. It will be first come, first served. Here is a map.
If you are staying near a MARTA station, the train will take you right to the Dome. Parking at MARTA is FREE and round trip passes are a mere $5. You can get down there starting as early as 6:00 a.m. and can stay as late as 1:00 a.m. on the weekends.
Tailgating Guidelines (Some info Provided by the Chick-fil-A Kickoff)
-Joey Wagner has set aside STATS the Hottest Sports Bar in Atlanta for a Cards Pre-Party. Tickets are $10, it’s a 10 minute walk to the dome.
-The Official UofL Alumni Tailgate is at the Georgia World Congress Center from 11:30 to 2:30 p.m. $75 per person.
-The RedRage Tailgate is setting up in the Marshalling Yard around 6:00 a.m. So if you are too excited to sleep, you can get things going with some of our favorite tailgaters. CardinalSportsZone is doing their radio show from the tailgate from 10-Noon on 93.9 The Ville. The RRTG is providing free food and drinks (basic lunch, hotdogs, chips, cookies, waters and soda) and a free RRTG Koozie to the first 150 people.
Fans are free to bring anything they want and will have to provide their own adult beverages. The Red Rage guys will also be presenting our traditional tailgate MVP trophy to an individual we deem worthy of such a prestigious award. Also look for a few tricks up their sleeve and some prizes that the guys are keeping as a surprise. If anyone needs more information they can tweet at us @TheRed_Rage
- Marked parking spaces are for vehicles only. Parking spaces may not be used for tents, grills, chairs or other items. Each vehicle must have a valid parking permit.
- Tents cannot exceed 8′ x 10′
- Tailgating is limited to the lined parking space and the area directly behind or in front of the vehicle
- Any grass areas beyond the designated tailgating spaces are considered common ground and may not be reserved
- Please dispose of coals in the designated coal containers located throughout the lots. Please do not dump coals or store stoves on the grass, parking areas, under or around vehicles.
- Propane tanks cannot exceed a cylinder size of 20 pounds.
The following items/activities are prohibited:
- Deep fryers or any oil-based cooking or frying
- Open flame fires of any kind. Charcoal or gas cooking is permitted.
- Disorderly conduct
- Picketing, political campaigning or soliciting/distribution of any kind
- Saving parking or tailgating spaces
- Weapons and fireworks
- Sale of food, beverage, merchandise, etc.
- Amplified sound systems
Stadium Rules (also provided by the Chick-fil-A Kickoff)
All flags, banners, signs, selfie sticks and posters are prohibited as well as behavior that is unruly, disruptive, or illegal in nature. This includes:
- Intoxication or other signs of alcohol impairment that results in irresponsible behavior
- Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
- Interference with the progress of the game (including throwing objects onto the field)
- Failing to follow instructions of stadium personnel
- Verbal or physical harassment of opposing fans
- Upon entering the gate, all guests and items are subject to a physical inspection. Entering the gate area constitutes your consent to a pat down screening. Refusal to submit to inspection will result in denied entry.
- Event patrons are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their guests and/or persons occupying their seats.
- Stadium staff will promptly intervene to support an environment where event patrons, their guests, and other fans can enjoy the event free from the above behavior.