Montrezl broke the single season dunk record. I will have a video coming out to commemorate this achievement Wednesday night. Season Records will be harder to break in the age of players leaving early., While Behanan tied Ellison last year – Harrell has blown past this long-standing record, WITH MANY GAMES TO GO.
To think we didn’t even recruit the kid. DOH!
RPI & Kenpom
Louisville’s low SOS is hard for Computers to figure out. Louisville’s SOS is currently 105, and will likely drop after the USF game is factored in.
- Real Time RPI says this puts Louisville at 36 – clearly too low.
- Kenpom says it puts Louisville #6 – clearly too high.
- Maybe we should just add up and divide by 2?
- What’s pretty crazy – seeing this disparity – UK is #14 in both. I guess if a team has an SOS in the good range, you fall in line. Have it in the bad range – who knows where you’ll land.
As Cards fans know, plenty of SOS boosters on the way, starting Saturday versus #7 ranked Cincinnati.
Trends: TVT (productivity per minute) last 5 games.
Team rank sorted below based on statistical productivity per minute – past 5 games.
- Hancock: Luke Hancock is hot. How hot? On the season, he is #5 in productivity. Last 5 games? He is #2 in production per minute. Boom. Beards. Grow them.
- Jones: Jones quietly producing more and more – #4 on team rank last 5 games, and that includes his stinker against USF. Cards will need him, good to see.
- Rozier: I am surprised to see Rozier last in team production (major minute’s players). He has a solid score of 0.46, so maybe an indication that he isn’t playing poorly, just other team members being “awesomer”.
TVT Season Rankings, sorted highest to lowest
I added a “Steady Production Column”. Folks who maintain a streak of 0.50 score or higher, or simply put, every 2 minutes they contribute 1 positive net stat to help the team win.
- Luke: You can see Luke’s 5 game hot streak well represented.
- Montrezl: leads the team with 17 straight games over 0.50 score, so yeah – Cards need him on the floor, no more technical fouls.
- Russ: Not surprisingly also has a high score, 14 straight games.
- Team: Does it frighten you that the drop off is so severe after Trezl and Smith? Kind of a ghost yard for consistent production after those two.
Baseline: TVT Scores the last time we played Cincinnati
- Team: Louisville’s best individual TVT score was 0.60 – that’s low for the top spot. Real low. If you remember Cards came off an 8 game break, and couldn’t shoot straight until second half. Also, compare to the past 5 games, Louisville has SIX players AVERAGING OVER 0.60 per game. Cinci plays good D, but Cards are clicking right now.
- Blackshear: Played 5 minutes. Can’t have that Saturday.
Latest posts by @CrumsRevenge (see all)
- GAMEDAY 2016: Louisville defeats #2 FSU - September 11, 2017
- CrumsRevenge Hype Video: Baba Yaga (the boogeyman) - August 28, 2017
- Elite 8 Throwback: Cards Rally Around Ware, Take Down Duke - March 15, 2017