June 16, 2016
Personal & Confidential
The Honorable Matt Bevin
700 Captial Ave, Suite 100
Frankfort, KY 40601
Dear Governor Bevin:
I appreciated our recent conversation. As a result, I am writing to reaffirm what we discussed:
1. The University of Louisville is absolutely critical to the health & economic & social well-being of our community & state;
2. For Kentucky to grow & prosper as a state, it is important for Louisville to be successful as a community; for Louisville to prospect it needs a great research university.
3. As I said to you, the members of a restructured Board compliant with state law should have the opportunity for a ‘fresh start.’
As a result, upon a legal restructure of the Board of Trustees at the University of Louisville, I will immediately offer, to the newly appointed board, my resignation/retirement as President of the University of Louisville.
Again, I thank you for your support & commitment to addressing difficult issues that are important to moving our state forward.
James R. Ramsey
Latest posts by Mark Blankenbaker (see all)
- GALLERY: #11 Louisville 72, North Carolina 55 - February 22, 2020
- VIDEO: Malik Williams & Jordan Nwora North Carolina Post-Game - February 22, 2020
- VIDEO: Chris Mack North Carolina Post-Game - February 22, 2020