from gocards.com LOUISVILLE, Ky. – University of Louisville head softball coach Holly Aprile has announced that Chardonnay Harris will join the Cardinals in the fall of 2019.
Class: Junior (2020)
Position: Left-handed Pitcher
Hometown: Oak Park, Ill.
Previous School: Auburn
High School: River Forest
Harris comes to Louisville after two seasons at Auburn. She is coming off of a solid sophomore season in which she posted 11 wins & four shutouts while leading the team with 121 strikeouts in 106.0 innings. During the season, she registered four double-digit strikeout performances including a career-high 17 strikeouts in a win over then-No. 7 Florida. She also recorded complete game shutouts against No. 5 Tennessee and Missouri.
In her two seasons at Auburn, the Tigers posted 80 wins and advanced to two NCAA regional finals.
Head coach Holly Aprile on Chardonnay Harris
“We are thrilled to add a pitcher of Chardonnay’s caliber to our staff. She adds a new dimension as a lefty and she brings a ton of great experience and poise to our already strong staff.”
Last season as a sophomore at Auburn (2019)
• SEC Pitcher of the Week (4/29)
• Appeared in 26 games while starting 17 in the circle
• Struck out a career-high 17 batters in 10 innings against Florida (4/27). The 17 strikeouts were the second most in a single game in Auburn history and most for a pitcher against a SEC opponent
• Named SEC Pitcher of the Week on April 29
• Led the team with 121 strikeouts while walking only 30 batters … her 30 walks were tied for the second fewest in a single season for a pitcher who threw 100-or-more innings in program history
• Struck out 14 batters in a seven-inning complete game shutout of Eastern Illinois (2/23)
• Registered 11 strikeouts against Michigan State (3/9)
• Held Texas A&M to only one run on three hits and did not walk a batter while striking out 10
• Tossed a seven-inning complete game shutout against Missouri (5/8) in the SEC Tournament
• Credited with her first career save when she went the final 3.2 innings against Colorado State (5/17) during the Tucson Regional
• Threw a five-inning complete game shutout against Colorado State (5/18) during the Tucson Regional
Latest posts by Daryl Foust (see all)
- RECAP: MSOC first road trip to FAU, USF & opens Conference play at Syracuse - September 19, 2019
- People of the Ville: The Redbird (Family) - September 10, 2019
- ESPN ranks Louisville WBB #8 in Early Pre-season poll - September 4, 2019