“ALL RISE!!! Court is now in session. The honorable Bucket Hat King LJ tha Fiasco presiding. Please be seated and come to order”
Well, any win now is money pouring out of the ATM.
I never would have believed Louisville would be five games better. I expected to win the games we should, steal a few games here and there, and lose the games we were supposed to. I fully admit that I was wrong about this season and the job Satterfield would do.
The Cards are 7-4, they have all but secured a tier 1 bowl game in the ACC after finishing second in the conference, and if Scott Satterfield is not the coach of the year, then there is clearly a bias against Louisville.
Let’s all just recap Senior day and get back to hating that team down the road, shall we?
To the notes!!!
- Before the season, I remember thinking the worst when Javian Hawkins was named the starting running back over Hassan Hall. I thought it was a terrible move especially with how Hall finished the previous season. I need to shut my whorish mouth and trust the coaches that see this team every day. I look at the the fact that we have Hawkins and Hall for at least 2-3 more seasons, and then I realize we also have Micale Cunningham, as well. Louisville takes some hits on both lines but they have a lot of experience returning, not to mention a nice recruiting class to build on. Back up the Brinks truck for this staff.
- Marshon Fuggin Ford. That’s it. That’s all there is to say.
- I think it’s safe to say that we all expect Tutu Atwell to score at some point during a game. It’s not like he has disappointed us thus far. Aside from Notre Dame and Clemson, Atwell has destroyed nearly every defense that he has faced. I am still pissed that Bob burned his redshirt last season because we could have had four more seasons of this.
- I never thought Micale Cunningham would have Louisville in the position that he does. Don’t get me wrong, I knew how effective he was as a rusher, but I never took him as a efficient QB until this season. No, he is not going to wow you with his arm, but he has quietly put together a monster season despite being injured for most of it. I understand we have two highly-touted QB recruits coming in next season. We also return Evan Conley and Puma still has a decision to make about his future at Louisville. As of right now, I don’t see Louisville starting the 2020 season with anyone other than Micale under center.
- Hoping for a speedy recovery for Russ Yeast. Yeast was having himself a nice season before a knee injury suffered during the game. Looks like he will miss not only the UK game, but also the bowl, as well. Sucks for a guy who has been through a lot and nearly transferred towards the end of last season.
- Dorian Etheridge, Rodjay Burns, and Marlon Character each did major work on Saturday. All three finished with ten or more tackles. CJ Avery missed out on the phone but still tallied 9 tackles. Those guys will be back next season.
- Unfortunately, Ryan Chalifoux did not toss a touchdown pass this week. He did go 8 for 8 on his extra points though. Sadly, that won’t get much press.
- Although the defense struggled during the second half, and Bryan Brown continues to shoulder a lot of blame, I was happy that they got the stops needed to close it out. Shutting down Cuse after an 81 yard screen play that set up the Orange at the three yard line was huge, and they deserve credit.
- I am thinking Saturday was the last home game for Mekhi Becton, and though I am happy that he will do great things on Sunday, I am very sad to see him go. Offensive lineman don’t get a ton of credit, and rarely do you have one as dominant as Becton has been since he stepped on campus. Gonna miss the Big Ticket.
- Special thanks to the fine folks over at Collision Course Tailgate for helping to raise more money for Dave “Biscuit” Scull. We really appreciate those that gave money this past Saturday. Special thanks to Bill Jones, Chrissy Banta, and others for helping to organize.
- For those wondering if Demji Dumervil-Jean is still on the team, we finally got proof:
- I want to extend a huge thank you and send many blessings to the the sound team at Cardinal Stadium. We made it the entire season without that damn Van Halen piano riff.
Since it is officially hate week, and the phone line will be open for the first time during the TCZ podcast recording, the court will open later for questions and statements. That and I have tweeted a ton since Saturday and I don’t have my sh*t together. Look, Vegas and a short work week takes a toll on you, and I don’t need your criticism….
Person(s) or things that earned a shot of top shelf liquor this week:
- The Louisville coaching staff. Louisville is in a position to win 8-9 games this season. Who knew?
- Dave “Biscuit” Scull who should be home in time for Thanksgiving. So happy for you bro.
- Collision Course Crew Tailgate
- Micale Cunningham throwing
- Micale Cunnigham running
- Javian Hawkins is still running against Syracuse.
- Jordan Davis TD catches
- Tutu Atwell
- Marshon Fuggin Ford
- Dorian Etheridge, Rodjay Burns, Marlon Character, and CJ Avery
- Dino Babers resting b___ face
- Mekhi Becton’s dancing skills to “Joker and the Thief”
- Lamar Jackson during Monday’s in Los Angeles
- Mark Ingram seeing Lamar Jackson do anything
Person(s) or things that must eat at the children’s table on Thanksgiving. Two of the kids have a nasty virus, and its contagious:
- The Sun Bowl. We don’t want you, stop calling. Stop being weird.
- ACC Refs. Watch Louisville’s last three games if you want to know why.
- Booger McFarland’s ass kissing
- Paying Bobby, can we not?
- Lynn Bowden. Just know that if Louisville does beat UK this week, I will be @’ing you until you say our names.
- That team down the road
- Kroger Field
- 64 East
- Rupp Arena
- Man O’ War
- Trash Cans on UK’s sideline
- Jordan Jones just because
And in closing:
- Louisville finished second in the league and now guarantee themselves a tier 1 ACC bowl.
- More rain this weekend – that will be three straight games the Cards have played in these conditions. Should be used to it by now.
- Kickoff is at noon on the SEC Network. I expect most of Lexington to be good and sauced up by then.
- Beat that team down the road.
- I can’t leave you without a party now can I?
This has been fun….
Be cool in this hot city
Court adjourned (bangs gavel)
Latest posts by LJ Nesbitt (see all)
- The CrunchZone Podcast: We had a bad day 12/3/19 - December 3, 2019
- The CrunchZone Podcast: Hate Week Edition 11-27-19 - November 27, 2019
- BucketHatism: Syracuse - November 26, 2019