- Offensive line. A few seniors that will be good to build on, but need more depth.
- Bobby will announce more staff once HR clears them. They’ll recruit Thursday and then this weekend.
- Bobby – “Garrick McGee is someone I have hired always I had the chance, when I am away from the office, I know he continues to work hard. We think a lot alike. He knows how I like to coach QB”.
- I am not oblivious to stars on the recruiting trail, but you must evaluate each guy for who is best to carry our your style of play.
- I am so happy and blessed to be back with coach. He has offered many chances to me to grow and develop.
- I asked him “Is there a chance to win a title, if so I am interested”, and Bobby said “this is the one”. I didn’t even know the school yet when I asked.
- I played for coach, and coached with him as well. There is only one way to do it, and you coach them hard. They must become experts at their position. A lot of studying for each position.
- Coach and put high pressure in meeting rooms and when training, so when the pressure shows up in a game, it is second nature.
- McGee sees talent at QB, and met with them this weekend to get to know them.
- I have been impressed so far. They are students of the game, they come in, open their notebooks t take notes. They are a tight group. Now we need to watch them to see who becomes the leader, instead fo forcing someone into that role.
- McGee “Coordinator means make sure everyone is on the same page. I lay the table, but Petrino is the best play caller in college football. I take responsibility for it if I don’t lay out a plan that we can win with.
- Both of our dads were coaches, and that is one reason why we have been close over the years. Petrino is always thinking about what a defense will do next, and then tries to change that before they adjust.
- New system will be running mostly a 1-back offense. They have five RBs on the roster, which is plenty.
- Didn’t answer the contract question, only to say that I am here with him, and I am going to do really well. We are at a point in our relationship where its not like that. I am here with him as long as he is, and he will be here awhile
- Very good seniors next year, but we need to have a couple good recruiting classes.
- Teddy is ready, but yeah I would love to be able to sell him on coming back.
- People get a lot of feedback on the game plan, and when it is set – Bobby makes the calls.
- Louisville is now a big time football program, and we will recruit and run the program that way.
The following two tabs change content below.
Former D1 Player and Coach. Life long fan of the Cardinals. CR makes movies, takes photos, co-host of "The Crunch Zone" Podcast, and can be heard on ESPN680 Wednesday 7-8:30am. Follow on Twitter, Instagram, and Vine (CrumsRevenge).
Latest posts by @CrumsRevenge (see all)
- Quentin Snider: Louisville’s Man of Mettle - October 12, 2017
- GAMEDAY 2016: Louisville defeats #2 FSU - September 11, 2017
- CrumsRevenge Hype Video: Baba Yaga (the boogeyman) - August 28, 2017