In light of Louisville’s 3 game sweep vs. Notre Dame to end the the regular season, the pools for the ACC Baseball Championship are now officially set. The #25 Louisville Cardinals claim the #5 seed to land in Pool D, and will face the #4 seeded Duke Blue Devils and the #9 seeded Wake Forest Demon Deacons to open up pool play in the ACC Baseball Tournament.
Louisville has not faced Duke in 2018, but has faced Wake Forest. Their three game series in Winston-Salem resulted in Louisville’s first ACC series loss of the season, with the Demon Deacons winning 2 out of the 3 games.
Complete pool play seeding:
- Pool A: #1 North Carolina, #8 Georgia Tech, #12 Pittsburgh
- Pool B: #2 Clemson, #7 Miami, #11 Virginia
- Pool C: #3 NC State, #6 Florida State, #10 Notre Dame
- Pool D: #4 Duke, #5 Louisville, #9 Wake Forest
Each pool is a 3 team single-game round robin tournament, with the winner of each pool advancing to the semifinals. In the event there are teams tied at 1-1, the higher seed will advance to the semifinals.
From here, the final 4 teams compete in a 4 team single elimination tournament. The Pool A winner will face the Pool D winner, and the Pool B winner will face the Pool C winner. The winners of each semifinal game will face off in the championship game.
The full ACC Baseball Tournament schedule will be announced Sunday, May 20th at 9am.
Latest posts by Matt McGavic (see all)
- 1 Month To First Pitch: What To Expect - January 15, 2019
- Louisville Baseball Ranked #4 In D1Baseball Preseason Poll - January 14, 2019
- Perfect Game Ranks Louisville In Top 10, Awards Two Cards Preseason All-American Honors - January 9, 2019