LOUISVILLE, Ky. – The fourth-seeded Louisville men’s soccer team kicks off its chase for the 2017 College Cup with an NCAA Championship second round contest against San Francisco on Sunday at 5 p.m., ET at Dr. Mark and Cindy Lynn Stadium. The match will be televised on ESPN3, while live stats can be accessed at GoCards.com.
ABOUT THE CARDINALS
Louisville enters the 2017 NCAA Championship at 11-2-4 overall while finishing second in the ACC Atlantic Division with a 5-2-1 conference record. The Cardinals are positioned to play at home in each round of the NCAA Championship as one of the top four seeds. Senior Mohamed Thiaw (All-ACC Second Team) leads Louisville with eight goals this season, while junior Tate Schmitt (All-ACC Second Team) has seven goals overall. Senior Tim Kubel (All-ACC First Team) has five assists on the season to go with six goals, while junior Adam Wilson has a team-leading six assists.
ABOUT THE DONS
San Francisco earned an automatic bid into the 2017 NCAA Championship as the champion of the West Coast Conference with a 6-1-0 record. The Dons enter Sunday’s match against the Cardinals at 10-8-0 overall after earning a 2-1 road win against No. 21 California in Thursday afternoon’s NCAA first round contest in Berkeley. USF head coach Eddie Soto and senior midfielder Leon Schwarzer were awarded WCC Coach of the Year and Player of the Year, respectively, as the Dons had eight players receive All-WCC honors.
TICKETS ON SALE FOR NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP SECOND ROUND
Tickets for the NCAA second round match, priced at $10 for reserved chairback seats and $5 for general admission/berm seating, are on sale now and can be purchased online here, by phone at 502-GO-CARDS or in person through the Louisville Cardinals Ticket Office at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium.
SPECIAL TICKET OFFERS FOR NCAA SECOND ROUND MATCH
• FREE STUDENT TICKETS: The first 200 UofL students (with student ID) through the gates at Lynn Stadium on Sunday will receive free tickets courtesy of Louisville Cardinals Athletics.
• GROUP TICKETS: Groups of 10 or more can purchase $3 general admission/berm tickets.
• MBB/FB/VB TICKET PROMOTION: Anyone with a ticket stub from Friday’s men’s basketball game, Friday’s volleyball match, Saturday’s football game or Sunday’s volleyball match can purchase $3 general admission/berm tickets.
• LOUISVILLE CITY FC PROMOTION: Anyone with a ticket stub from Monday’s Louisville City FC victory in the USL Cup can purchase $3 general admission/berm tickets.
CARDINALS TO HONOR LOUISVILLE CITY FC AT HALFTIME
During halftime of Sunday’s NCAA Championship second round match at Lynn Stadium, the UofL men’s soccer program will honor Louisville City FC for its USL Cup triumph while also recognizing USL MVP and Cardinals soccer alumnus Paolo DelPiccolo. Members of Louisville City FC will be in attendance for the ceremony. LCFC defeated the Swope Park Rangers 1-0 in Monday’s USL Cup at Louisville Slugger Field.
Latest posts by Daryl Foust (see all)
- Louisville Softball adds Outfielder Camryn Greenwood from Auburn - July 8, 2019
- Louisville Softball adds LHP Chardonnay Harris from Auburn - July 2, 2019
- Louisville WBB at Ohio State in ACC/Big 10 Challenge - June 18, 2019